Hello, I'm Ambrose and I do full-stack and infra. I have always enjoyed building and breaking things since I was a kid.
I think the world is really inefficient. Way too many organisations spend little on innovation and experimentation to gain more profits. I want to make a difference in improving the world, no matter how big or small the impact.
I began building websites in 2012 (when web standards were still fragmented thanks to that one horrendous browser). I've worked on quite a few Node.js projects since 2013 and recently started picking up Go. I also love to run scalable and distributed systems hence I'm trying out Kubernetes.
I've also spent 7 years using Linux systems at home (laptop, Raspberry Pi, custom built desktop, Xserve and now DL360 G7). I run my own home network with pfSense, IPv6 and a managed switch.
GovTech, Software Engineering
Worked on a PoC for the traintraintrain project to improve it's security, wrote an API wrapper to translate Emails into API calls, and built a Kafka setup.
- Linux Administration
- Computer Networking
- Server Hardware/Configuration
- Graphic Design
- Network/Computer Security
- Embedded Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Drone CI/CD
- Let's Encrypt
- Intel Edison flight controller at Hackware v1.9
- Building high-availability applications at BuildingBloCS 2017
- Kubernetes on Container Linux at Singapore Kubernetes User Group
- A single-node Docker setup at Docker Singapore Meetup
A website to showcase NUS High School's CS projects and curriculum. Worked on the entire stack.
A platform for sharing unused goods. Worked on design and backend.
BuildingBloCS 2018 Website
From-scratch Sass and Jekyll-powered website
A school event planner and timetable
Some Side Projects
A basic node.js file manager written in express.js
A real-time visualization tool to train neural networks
Fully Dockerised development environment
A simple YouTube client
A minimal twitter-style microblog written in PHP
- 2015: NIC Face-Off | App Development, Champions
- 2015: Hackathon@SST, First Prize (Secondary)
- 2015: Hackathon@SG, Merit & Secondary School Prize
- 2016: Hack&Roll 2016, Best Freshman/Non-Tertiary Award
- 2017: CrossCTF 2017, First Runner-up
- 2018: CrossCTF 2018, Champion
- 2015: Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards, Merit (School Project)
- 2017: HITB GSEC CTF, On-site Participation